AUDE - Virtual Conference
COVID-19 and the Future of the University Estate
What to expect
COVID-19 and the Future of the University Estate is a two-week virtual conference, with plenary speakers and panel discussions, running from 5 to 16 October. Regular lunchtime and mid-afternoon sessions and this extended timescale gives us opportunity to think about many of the challenges that the coronavirus has brought to university estates teams. Booking gives you access to the entire programme which includes:
- Re-imagining decision making and future global trends affecting education and beyond COVID-19 with speakers Wendy Sammels (Director, Think Forward) and Fiona Duggan (Director, FiD) on Monday 5 October at 12 noon
- The power of Coronavirus versus crystal ball gazing with speaker Miranda Routledge (Director of Planning, Loughborough University) on Wednesday 7 October at 12 noon
- Accelerating the transition to a circular economy with speakers Reniera O'Donnell, (Higher Education Lead) and Ilma Stankeviciute (Learning Designer) of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation on Monday 12 October at 12 noon
- Tackling race inequality: how estates and facilities staff can support, engage, challenge and close the gap with speakers Kaushika Patel (Pro Vice-Chancellor for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, De Montfort University), Sheila Gupta MBE (Vice-Principal for People, Culture and Inclusion, Queen Mary University of London), Marcelle Moncrieffe-Johnson (Group Chief People Officer, London South Bank University Group), and Rachel Adams (Director of Human Resources, Keele University) on Thursday 15 October at 12 noon
- The campus after COVID - rethinking the role of "place" in higher education with writer, futurist and innovation advisor Martin Hamilton on Friday 16 October at 12 noon
- And much more.
My suggestion is to register – that way, even if you miss an event on the day, you’ll still gain access to the recorded session afterwards as well as any other subsequent information we publish about the event. And best of all for university professional services staff the event is totally free. You can book your place here.